New Computer Consulting and Setup
My 'New Computer Setup' service is for those of you who either don't have the time and energy to get down on your hands and knees to hook up your computer or those of you who feel intimidated by all of the plugs and cables that get attached. I also highly recommend having your new computer looked at to ensure that security software is setup correctly and is fully optimized.
- Computer Setup
- First things first - I will pull everything out of the box and get it all hooked up quickly and correctly.
- Complete Windows Installation
- On the first boot every new computer will prompt you to complete the Windows setup. Together we will fill in the necessary information, such as: Computer Name, Usernames, Time Zone preferences, etc.
- Removal of Unwanted Software
- Do you realize how much junk comes pre-installed on many computers out there? Much of what comes pre-installed is simply advertisements and "free trials" for computer manufacturers partners. I will uninstall what you don't want so it will not fill up your desktop with useless icons.
- Installation and Configuration of Printers, Scanners, Cameras, etc.
- Do you have a Printer, Scanner or Digital Camera? Chances are you will want these things to work correctly with your new computer, so I will make sure all of these are setup and operate correctly.
- Automate Security and System Optimization
- Keeping your computer optimized for Performance and Security is very important, so I will setup of Automatic System Maintenance to keep things running smoothly without you having to remember to do it.
- Q & A
- I will make my knowledge of computers available for questions about your computer - from basic questions to tutorials on how to use certain features or software/hardware.
Estimated Time: Initial consultation on what computer to buy is free if I set it up for you. Unless you have a lot of software to install, most new computers can be setup in 1.5 - 2 hours.